Tuesday, May 26, 2009

At this point...

Happy Birthday Mamma Sharon! I'm starting my blog on her birthday...she's asked me to ask everyone to send her 20 dollars so she can go gambling and buy lotto tickets.

It will take me a while to burn thru the nervousness of blogging so just be patient as I start out telling you things you don't want to know about.

I can't wait to start posting pictures....

the only pregnancy pictures I'd have to post are ones of me squeezing my belly fat. Which makes Jeff nervous that I'm squishing the baby...I have to keep telling him that the baby's not in the belly fat. yet.

It's week 12 and my face is covered in brown splotches..I throw up after every Fiber One poptart...I can't stop burping and shitting my pants but my sex drive is back. (sorry Moms and Dads) JUST KIDDING!! oh the hilarity of babies!!!

The blog is just for family--and since I'm so fricken lucky to have about 6 families--I figured it would be worth it. Today I told my manager not to send me out for any auditions from now on that don't have the character description of "chubby' or "character-y" in them. I can't spanx in the 7 pounds I've gained. I met Anne Heche (remember her? she was with Ellen Degeneres for a while?) on the set of the TV show I'm doing and I immediately 'used' my baby to bond with her. She just had a baby. I did the same with Tina Fey. (whoops, let me pick that up--that heavy name i just DROPPED....) and it works. It's so much more pleasant to talk about babies with people that try to make jokes and hope that they want to cast me on 30 Rock. Or date me (Anne Heche. would that be odd if suddenly I sent an announcement that I was raising my baby with Anne. I'd blame it on being adopted.) Anne had a scheduled C-section the day before she started shooting the TV show. I'm gonna schedule one so that i can make the 4:30 spin class I love on Wednesdays.

Enough shallow talk...let's talk about my weight gain. No, I already did.

A baby update---I go back to the Dr on June 1st for the fold testing genetic thing. Jeff will go with me for the first time. Awkward to have him and my boyfriend/obgyn in the same room.
The best thing so far about being pregnant has been Jeff. I highly recommend
him. He is running around washing apples, fetching napkins, making salads and telling me that a bigger butt is an exciting pregnancy bonus. (is this blog already just too...gross?)

Now I'm going for a run. a shuffle. on the bluff overlooking the ocean. maybe i'll take some photos...oh wow. The possible blog joys are starting to dawn on me.

this baby better be as cute as Ben, Emma, Clay, Harrison, Parker and Maxwell. Or at least equally so....if not we'll get some slight plastic surgery. It's not as big of a deal here as it is in the midwest...just kidding.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! So glad you're doing this. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so happy, thrilled, scared, excited and overjoyed for you!!!!!!! all i have to say is you are eating for 2 now, so go for it! vacuum! hoover it - you have the best excuse in the universe for the rest of the year. come on and visit me and we'll feed that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could be there with you to enjoy the extra eating! I've always wanted valid excuses :) Keep track of any cravings- both my kids ended up loving the foods that I craved while i was pregnant. Maybe Jeff will get the cravings.....xo Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Followers