
it's good to be HOME. DC is just such a fun city to spend time in--I really had no idea. I thought it was supposed to be dangerous and touristy and full of over educated interns. Mostly I just miss being around the smarty pants politicos and having so much history just casually around you at all times. I was at spin class yesterday listening to all the wealthy westside ladies talking and I thought "why do I live here? I have nothing in common with these people." then I got on my bike and tried to sweat myself down to a size 4--which is NOTHING like the other ladies because they are shooting for a size 2. I've just got to remember that it's like we have this great vacation house where we come and write and re-charge so that I can go off and do work.
And Leo...he's great. Funny funny chatting kid. We started this toddler group the other day where he hangs with other toddlers and there's an EXPERT there from the school that you can ask things like "is it okay for my 2 year old to shower naked with my daughter?" (the experts answer was "well...the penis is an unpredictable thing. So no.") Leo loved it. He better..it cost a lot of money. Part of the deal is that you're forming a community with other moms too and I had that THING again where I was like "i have nothing in common with these women". I don't know what I'm hoping to have in common or why I think I'm supposed to have this sisterhood with every person that sells me a taco but I seem to always crave it. There were a lot of pink jumpsuits and big sunglasses and laughing at jokes like "this kid is giving me gray hairs!!!" and every one would hoot with laughter while I was like 'that's not really FUNNY funny." I'm just having some re-adjustment with being back. My friend Erica with Theo was there and that was great--so what else do I need? I don't want every one to be just like me anyway..what a nightmare room that would be.
A quick Leo time capsule moment--every time I walk into the room he announces to Jeff "There's Mamma, Dada! There's Mamma!" And he does it like it's a Sasquatch sighting..like he can't believe it.
No comments:
Post a Comment