Sunday, January 6, 2013

INDIANA STYLE!!!!!

Now THAT was a good Christmas!  One of the most exciting things that happened during our family vacation to Indiana was a dip called "Buffalo Dip".  It showed up in 2 different households.  Miles apart from each other.  My sister Leslie made it and my half sister Claire in Columbus made it.  Though a little different the core ingredient of CRACK COCAINE was the same.  Both times I had it I was shoveling it in until I'd feel nauseous then I'd take a break when it passed and start again.  It's made with 2 blocks of cream cheese-chedder cheese-sour cream-3 sticks of butter-hot sauce-four jars of mayo and cajun flavored lard.  Something like that.  YUM.

We were hosted and treated so well during our trip.  It could not have been more fun.  And cousins were just falling from the ceiling.  So many and so fun.  I wish one of them was here now because Leo keeps wanting me to chase him.  Which I'm tired of doing.  This is why we need a dog.  Or a robot programmed to chase.  It's his main activity.

The first day we got back we rushed to school all excited to be back and an hour later I get a call "Hi Lauren, no emergency but we've had 2 sightings of green snot." So I had to go and get him.  And he's been at home with a cold.  It's just a cold and he can't go to school.    When I went to pick him up I swear to god nobody would look me in the eye.   It made me paranoid that they knew things about me.  They'd read my journal or something.  (from 8th grade).   I made a joke to the one of the mom's there about how I was going to beat Leo in the car for getting sick and she just frowned and walked away.  They all seemed upset that Leo was sick and that maybe I'd sent him to school sick.  I'VE HEARD ABOUT THIS SORT OF THING  but I really thought everyone was exaggerating how other parents can be.  Maybe I'm paranoid.  I was certainly defensive.  "he didn't have any green snot when he woke up.  I'd remember that because it's disgusting.".  There were lots of patient smiles as Leo and I sulked out of the school.  Walk of shame.

more later.  I have some pics and videos. and I have to re-think this blog--WHAT IS IT'S PURPOSE????!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers