Wednesday, February 6, 2013

If only I was paid 500 bucks per post...

think about it.  you all can pool your money if the posts about Leo's cute sayings and my career are REALLY WORTH IT TO YOU.....

I'm so sorry it's been so long since I last did a blog post.  Suddenly-out of nowhere-posting about Leo seems like "yeah-well, my cute kid said the same thing but you don't see me trying to pitch a TV show about it.  Or WRITE A BLOG".    But then my mother sent me an email asking me a lot of questions about my life and it seemed a pity to send a personal intimate note when I could do a mass posting to all my friends and 2 strangers.

So to answer her questions...

"how is your sinus infection?"   Well, thank you for checking in about it.  I'd had a bad cold since coming back from Indiana (the moment I wrote that word I heard Jeff in the other room turn on our new Wii video game which we bought with Christmas money. He uses it to play games where he shoots zombies and I use it to dance.  Together we will save the world.)  So the cold turned into a sinus infection that I was in deep denial about.  And I wasn't in bed sick so it seemed okay. But then I started a job recording an audio book and I was busted.  AFter 2 days of recording they sent me home and I shut down the whole operation because of sounding 'too stuffed up' and 'having no resonance".

So thanks to my friend Hilary--I got some antibiotics and it was all cleared up.  And Mom, you were right.  Anti-biotics were the way to go and the hippy shit I was doing the month before was exhausting and wasn't working.  Though I am no longer bothered by the idea of pouring hot water up one nostril and waiting for it to gush out my other nostril as I gag and choke.  I'm not only not bothered-I like it.  For fun. I do it for fun now.

"how did your pregnant lady audition go?"  Well, it wasn't an audition. It was a rare moment were I was offered a small guest spot on a show.  It was a Showtime show called The Masters of Sex about Masters and Johnson in the 50's.   It went really well.  And easy.  The toughest part of the job was the day I had to lay on a gurney for the C-section.  Surgery back then was disgusting and re-enacting it is just as disgusting  I had tubes in my mouth and fake blood all over the place.  Which I noticed hadn't been washed off completely when I was shopping later at Trader Joes.    my ankles were splattered with blood.  Like I'd been walking thru...blood.   Sloshing around.

"how is Leo's cold and cough?"    WHICH ONE?  my god. It's endless. it's like three good days and then something happens.  He's good right now.  And fun.  And sweet. and wild.  And just sweet.  The other morning he said 'the word of the day is Throw Up Garbage".   And we laughed way too hard at it so I'm sure he'll be trying out that joke again.

Jeff is good.  Some days he has the best LIFE OF ANYONE ALIVE and the next day he's wishing he could be in a play or direct something. Or teach.  But for now he is really enjoying taking care of Leo and helping keep things together while I've been crazy busy.  And he does acting coaching for a girl who then babysits for us for free.  Jeff has also lost 7 pounds.   So he likes to walk around in a bikini spinning in circles going 'Just look at me!! Look at me!!"

"how are your auditions?"  well mom, I'm waiting to hear about a HBO part that I am up for.  I've been here before and there is a chance that I will be too old for the part because I play the best friend of one of the leads in the show and they haven't cast him yet.  When they do they will decide for sure on my part.  It's the only female part in an all male gay show about dating life in San Fran.  As my friend Hilary said "it's like you've been preparing all your life to play this role." 
but in the mean time I'm busy teaching--and hosting--and writing the book.  and the play.  And I bought a waffle iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers