Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Feel the magic and the miracle...

of my gas. I just realized how I've had people putting their hands on my stomach to feel kicks of the baby and I'm fairly certain now that it's been gas bubbles bursting. I should just be honest and shout--'OH MY GOD, GIVE ME YOUR HAND...GAS!! you've got to feel it!"

HOME. I'm back home after being in NY and Florida. I've never been so glad to be back home. The weather is perfect...the humidity of the east coast was brutal. And I can eat fruit. They don't have fruit in Florida. Sure they grow it there but nobody eats it. They eat 'nanner pudding with vanilla wafers'. I guess a 'nanner' is a fruit.

Jeff got back the day after I did and that is amazing--to finally have someone who I honestly believe cares about every graphic detail of being pregnant. Since he is the father. (I think).

We watched "So You Can Think You Can Dance" last night...and he had one hand on my stomach the whole time. So he wouldn't miss a moment of gas. I feel him kicking in there. (the baby). And I look pregnant now and people have noticed which is SO NICE. Nice to feel the chaffing being justified.

On the airplane coming back from NY--the flight attendant saw me and said "oh my god--we've got 6 of you on board!" I thought she meant 'celebrities' but she meant pregnant people.

On an exciting air travel note....my flight was stuck on the runway for....FIVE HOURS on Sunday before it took for a FIVE hour flight back to Los Angeles. Everyone remained very calm because I think the alternative was to lose our minds. It helped that the pilot was mad about it...if he'd been fake cheerful it would have been ugly. He was like "2 hours was my record of being stuck on the runway due to weather..this is unbelievable. My god!"

It was a storm thing. Then we had to get more gas..then we got back in line for take-off and another storm hit. I only lost it when I got back to LA and it was 2am and there were no taxi's. I stood in a long line by myself waiting for a taxi for 30 minutes and I started crying...and I was thinking "this is it...nobody knows we're here...no taxi's will ever come....i can't call anybody to come get me....why aren't people letting me cut in line..i'm pregnant. I'm gonna start sobbing so they'll let me cut."

so what's happening now is that I'm working hard on getting a new show ready for next weekend for a New Works Festival--so I'm swamped until that's over. Then I can start worrying about what the hell I'm gonna do in the fall for a job.

I'll post a preggers pix tonight--so you can see my lumpy belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers