Friday, September 18, 2009

ARE YOU LEAKING YET?!!!!


Does anybody know who Janice Dickenson is? She's a former super model--she had her own reality show and is a judge on one of the 'make me a supermodel' show. I'm not proud that I know all of that BUT yesterday I was on an elevator going to my managers office and she got on the elevator--looking like Mick Jagger in the form of a tall thin woman. Right as I was thinking "she's nuts" she turns to me and screams--'ARE YOU LEAKING YET?!" the two men on the elevator starting pushing the buttons to get them off the elevator as quick as possible. I was so thrilled she was talking to me--I told her "now I am." and then "no...I'm not but other gross things are happening to me" to which she responded with 'NO! YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!! DO YOU HEAR ME? YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL" then sadly she had to get off the elevator and then she turned again and screamed back at me--'YOU ARE!!!!" and so I that's it. I'm going into modeling. Jeff didn't know who she was. I tried to explain that it would be as if we ran into Shirley Temple and she called Leo "adorable". Except that Shirley Temple doesn't make girl strip to their underwear and then take a marker and circle the imperfect parts of their bodies--like Janice does to her models.

I don't have gestational diabetes. Which surprises me since I have a dessert after every meal except breakfast--(but that's only because breakfast basically is dessert). the next ultra sound is october 1st.

Yesterday, after an audition (i had an audition where the casting people said that the show shoot december 10th or so I could still do it.....I don't think so. When I got into the audition I let them know--"listen career first..baby second--i'm on board". which maybe horrified them.) anyway-i was in Subway sandwich after my first trip to Babys R Us in my life. (after the audition--just want the timeline to make sense because it's so RIVETING) I suddenly wanted to buy a changing table and a crib--which i'd decided to try and get for free and wanted to look at them. So I did and then I went to Subway and started crying as I ate--thinking "i'll be a good mom--I'm going to be a good mom...." I didn't realize that i was crying and when i did--I looked down and realized that one of my boobs had come out of my shirt that was too big for me. I had a bra on--but it was still noteworthy.

We have de-loused Zach's room and moved in and it looks pretty amazing-I must say. Jeff painted it and did a great job. Except for a lot of 'i'm gonna pass out--oh god, the fumes' talk-he's been so fricken helpful.

It's odd to not have Zach here. Every night we're getting more and more used to that he's not coming home (until winter break)...it's so quiet and low key. At least for a few more months.

I have to give a blog shout out to Anne and Don and Elvira--I was blown away to get a baby gift from them a few weeks ago---and Anne--I LOVE THE BLANKET. Did Elvira really knit that? and here I thought her greatest talent was dancing.

I'm behind on thank you notes. really behind.

okay--so I'm gonna go write for a few hours (working on a short story about Lisa and I growing up--I'm turning her into the Charles Manson's of big sisters...I'm sure she'll be grateful) and then go visit my friend Gillians' new baby and then swimming. big rocking friday night.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sweetie, glad you like it! And it's dancing, singing German songs (!), then knitting. I can't wait till Jess posts pics of the little fruit hats she made for Parker. And Janice was recently on "I'm a Celebrity, Get me Outta here" which was shown every night for a few weeks so we all were forced to watch thanks to the abysmal summer line-up. She's interesting to say the least. It made Lou Diamond Phillips my latest crush tho :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - You're going to be a great mom! Clever folks w/senses of humor who can adjust and change direction on a dime (my buddy Josette: "Want to wear a cape for a year and introduce yourself as 'Batman' - no problem. Just let us get to work/school on time") always succeed. We can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete

Followers