Saturday, September 26, 2009

THANK GOD IT'S TOMORROW


Man----I felt like HELL yesterday. I've had a few days this week of complete exhaustion...where I shuffle around the house waiting for Jeff to get home so I can complain to him.

"I'm so tired...why am I so tired....pregnancy sucks. I have so much to do..I have to write a book...tell Leo to stop kicking my liver...I have pregnancy depression or something...I'm so tired....I have to go gather 89 pillows and try to lay down again...oh jesus..."

and then I lay down....get up and repeat. And if I god forbid....drop a napkin on the floor at any point in the day---the thought of bending down to pick it up is OVERWHELMING. "I'll pick it up tomorrow...when I feel better."

And this is while Leo is peacefully living in my stomach. I know that's what everybody's thinking "just wait!!!"

But TODAY IS A NEW DAY. and I feel much better. I've been doing some performing (story telling stuff..) and it's been good to do that--it always gets me going and at least out of the house. And I'm making a whole new round of friends with the baby thing. It's goood.

And we are getting this little apartment all tricked out and lovely for Leo and the visitors. His room is next on the re-modeling agenda. WE FOUND A CRIB...a friend of a friend has a crib that they've been saving hoping to have another baby and they just haven't gotten around to having that baby---so we're gonna be their free storage. I'm gonna get on my bike and take it home strapped to my back. That's what they do in third world countries--I can do it. I just couldn't have done it yesterday.

I have a doctors appointment this week--an ultrasound. ALWAYS A PARTY. I'll report back about it.

Today I teach a solo theater class that I decided to do while I'm pregnant. When you can't do--teach. I spend most of the class sweating a lot and using the bathroom. so I hope the students are liking it.

I had a 'pitch meeting' last week where when I stood up after the meeting I'd left a GIANT sweat mark in the shape of a V on the couch. I pointed to it and said 'dear god, that's disgusting" and everyone in the room agreed with me.

1 comment:

  1. That's what I'm talking about, that's my girl! That's how I always felt when I was pregnant. I just didn't get Danza, Jess and Em feeling all perky(except when Jess was puking) and good and beautiful. I found it helped to never get dressed or wear underwear for the last few months. See you soon and we'll have a ball! Can we go to Match game or something? Jeopardy? Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Followers