THE BERKLEY COUSINS CAME FOR A VISIT!! The wonderful and lovely and entertaining conversationalists---- Lucy and Rosie and Sarah....drove up for a visit this past weekend.
On Friday we all went to the Cheesecake Factory and I had the 'weight management chicken dinner". Catchy name. It was fun to be at a big old table with a bunch of kids and my boobs out and a glass of wine in front of me. And 9 baskets of bread on the table.
Both the little girls were great with Leo--there was a lot of "did you wash your hands"--"yes'. and then they'd start to stroke his hair and admit that they had washed their hands when they got up that morning.... They are very honest. While we were watching ice skating- Rosie yelled out 'I LOVE TO LIE!" and then paused and added 'I'M KIDDING!" good save.
The girls were so sweet to Leo and so stinkin fun to have around. They both treat me like an adoring boyfriend...lots of "Aunt Lauren, take your hair down and put a dress on and REALLY high heels. PLEASE!!" They are all convinced I wear the highest heels in all the land. At least they were convinced of that until we went out walking around Santa Monica and they saw all the ladies in short skirts and gigantic high heels...then they knew I was really a hippy. Or hippy-ish.
At one point Rosie was using a word that she'd learned from watching a commercial at the hotel--it was a commercial for exercise equipment and she learned the word--'sexy'. When we asked her what she thought it meant--she said 'skinny'. They maybe spent one day too long in LA.
but no...they were here a week too short for our liking. And I'm not just saying that because Sarah reads this blog. I'm saying it because it her mother does. I'M KIDDING!! I LOVE TO LIE!!
THIS VIDEO IS CALLED 'ROSIE...DON'T LET GO..."
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!! all i can say is WOW! it was SO GREAT to finally meet Leo, oh... and so nice to see you and jeff too. he is simply amazing, and you are a natural, beautiful and loving mother. it is beyond wonderful to see the three of you together, and your gorgeous place - a sweet, sweet family. man, rosy's grin was about to crack her face she was so thrilled when she finally got a turn to hold leo! that little liar.
ReplyDelete