We just got one. I know...it's just a hippy freak show to some. We had a crib that a friend of a friend donated (the friend of a friend thing never really works out) and when we got it out it to put it together--the paint was chipping off of it. I'm no doctor..but I felt like that could be bad. When was touring with one of my first solo shows HOMECOMING (I'll hold for applause) I had a kid ask me during one of the post play Q&A's if I'd eaten paint chips as a child. I said 'Maybe'. I want Leo to be more sure than I am.
So we got one from Ikea. It's right next to our bed because Zach is back from college!! The apartment is full. Nobody is invited to visit. No offense. We showed Zach how to change a diaper yesterday and now he feels he's ready to babysit. I'd like him to get certified as an EMT.
this is a photo of Leo sleeping at our friend Kims house on Vashon Island. She had an amazing bedding collection...
This is Vashon Island....
Zach will be here for a few weeks and then he goes to Alaska. As does his father. Alaska is where men are made. I bet at the end of the summer there will be a lot of bear killing and fish cleaning and log rolling contests going on here.
Our touring for the spring is over. It was wonderful. Leo was an amazing traveling baby. Every plane ride ended with smiling gushing people at how wonderful he was. The same people who spit in his general direction when we'd get on the plane.
And we sold out shows in Portland and in Seattle. Wonderful good good wonderful. It was a beautiful time to be in the Northwest. We spent most of our free time fantasizing about moving. As we always do. But why would we live up there? It's so normal and calm. Besides the junkies and street kids.
The TV pilot didn't get picked up by NBC. I felt like such an old pro because I was only upset for about a day. And they are looking to sell it to a cable channel. That was the word on it 'too unconventional for network'. Cable is better anyway.
Leo is 'soo engaged' and he is 'a gerber baby' and he is 'beyond pleasant'. These are the words people use to describe him.
I've lost my mind a few times and practically screamed at people 'ISN'T HE CUTE!! I MEAN...MY GOD!! IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!"
he rolls over--back and forth. And laughs and laughs when I force him to. The sleep thing is now tricky because his crib is in the room and will be until Zach leaves so he's still getting up a lot in the night. But in Seattle and portland we had babysitters 4 nights a week and he was able to go to sleep without being nursed. He'd cry for about 15 minutes and have a bottle and sleep. It amazed me every night..to see the babysitters all calm and bored. When I leave Leo with Jeff..I come home to "THAT WAS MORE THAN AN HOUR!! HE'S STARVING!!" or I get constant texts "E.T.A.?!!!!"
That's not completely fair...Jeff is an amazing father. As everyone knows. And he's a dramatic actor. As everyone knows as well.
At one of the airports we flew into we got into cab and the cabdriver asked me if Jeff was okay. I told him no. The elevator had been broken and we'd had to take the stairs. That was the drama. The cab driver thought that we'd missed our flight and were forced to turn around come right back home or something.
If I wasn't with Jeff I'd have nothing to write about. Well, there's Leo.
Below is a photo of Jeff watching the game he recorded...he forgot to turn the tv off the guide channel so it only recorded this tiny little screen. Jeff watched the whole game that way.
Leo had solid food the other day because Jeff was convinced that Leo was starving. The look on Leo's face was like we'd made him eat cat poop.
We may try cat poop next to see if helps fill his stomach so he'll sleep longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment