Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cookie sets Sail....

Jeff (aka 'Cookie') leaves tomorrow for Alaska. He borrowed my duffel bag and my flip video camera for the trip so now I really hope they don't capsize. My Dad is convinced that Jeff has no upper body strength and will be coming home after one week at sea with blisters and rope burns. So now Jeff has to prove to Sid that he can do it. I'll miss his giant pans of lasagna and giant portions of pasta that he practiced making for the past few months. To prepare him for cooking for 6 fishermen I'd do things like "What the hell is this shit, Cookie!!? I told you I'm lactose intolerant...and I found a beard hair in my salad."

Everything is going to be fine while he's gone. I won't shower or use the bathroom but I've done so much of that over the years I'm looking forward to the break. I'm gonna get Leo into Oprah and Intervention. I've just started using the Bob jogging stroller so I'll be able to jog with him to Pinkberry and back every day.

I had to write down a 'sample day' to start to figure out how I'll get everything done on my own. Jeff cooks every meal pretty much so I'm looking forward to the weight loss. I will be having babysitters while he's gone. Expensive but worth it so I can get some writing done. (perhaps get the second book proposal done that I promised a year ago to my book agent?)

Leo is good. He is so low key that sometimes I worried if he's having a good time--which is how I feel around my friends too so I think it's mostly my hang-up. He is sweet and observant and kind of shy. And so cute I know I could make money off him but as I've proven over the years-I have boundaries around that sort of 'selling yourself to Hollywood to make a buck' thing. I'll only play parts like 'Horny Patty". Stuff with dignity.

He's not crawling yet but he does grab my face..or Cookies' (Jeff) and squeeze huge handfulls and kiss it and drool all over you. It's very passionate.

WE MUST MOVE. Jeff and I are absolutely looking to move when he gets back from Alaska. As posh and lovely and breezy and fancy as Santa Monica has been (and it's got the best jogging routes of anywhere I've ever been) we cannot stand the small space without a yard anymore. Leo needs a yard where there aren't homeless people sleeping. It's daunting to think of moving but after 7 years here we have to. We're both just done with not having our friends more near by or any families in the hood we can relate to. East side. Or maybe west side if we can afford it. (so I can be near Hilary). Every night we look at houses and fantasize about our new life. And dread how much hotter it is everywhere else in the LA area. Santa Monica is always about 15 degrees cooler than every where else.

Okay...now I'll go search out some pix to post.....

3 comments:

  1. awww! i've been stalking your website the last couple of days hoping for an update, so THANKS! you can come visit us aNyTimE up here in cool nocal, seriously - anytime. we would LOVE it. this is a great writing environment and the babysitting's free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we're here too! Move to Marin. More expensive than where you are, and much less work. But worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was having blog withdrawal, so glad you posted, and looking forward to the pics!

    ReplyDelete

Followers