But he didn't last night...he woke up at 2am and was awake until 4:30. He was wide awake and laughing and shrieking and kicking his legs. I think some bad baby on the playground slipped him something. I had a radio interview to promote the show I'm doing this coming Tuesday and next Tuesday (it's the new one 'NO..YOU SHUTUP") and I had to get up at 6:30. The sleep deprived feeling was so familiar it didn't bother me and the interview was fun..and then I got my nails done and got a hair cut. My man is coming home...I'm not 125 pounds as was planned so I at least have to clean the dirt off of me. I can't believe he's coming home. Leo is so huge now. He's a tall baby..and he's so happy. I hear that all the time..."wow, now that's a happy baby." Which makes me assume he must be dumb. (I'M KIDDING. DON'T WORRY I DON'T SAY THAT TO HIM. TO HIS FACE)
I had a babysitter cancel the other morning and I had to call all these random people to see if they could take him at the last minute..and I called my friend Christie. Her poor mom was in town and Christie put me on the phone with her to have her ask if she wanted to babysit Leo for 4 hours. I could tell she said yes..but she meant no. But after I picked him up--she was all cheerful and relieved that he'd been so chill. Oh my god, this is what they call 'bragging about your kid". I'm gonna go ahead and get the 'my kid is on the honor roll' bumper stickers.
I've been so incredibly busy but it's about to slow down again. I was auditioning like crazy and writing a new short story for a magazine here in LA. Every audition went so well and I didn't get it. And I was mad about it this week...this week I was like COME ON!! I GOTTA BABY HERE!!
Zach appeared one day--a few days ago. He looked rugged and bearded and great. He had a wonderful time in NY with his new girlfriend (her name is Mary Moon..who wouldn't be in love?) and he came in--took a loaf of bread, some bus money, took a shower and then left to go camping. He said he's found a place to live--at his friend Mikey's house--he's taking over his friends room which is like an unattached guest house space at his parents house. Very exciting. So he'll be close but now since we're not moving we'll have enough room here for Leo and all our stamps. (We collect) (no we don't)
No comments:
Post a Comment