Sunday, March 20, 2011

WHAT ELSE IS ON THE BUS, DAMNIT!!!

Rainy Days are hard here. We're having one right now---and they completely confuse and stress us out. On our way to Whole Foods Jeff and I got in a fight because he wouldn't come up with something else that's on the bus for the "Wheels on the bus go round and round" song. I'd gotten to the end of my imagination....I was like "the lips on the bus go 'smack smack smack!" All Jeff had to do was come up with an animal or something and he panicked. "I don't know! I'm driving! You do it!" I should have sang 'the driver on the bus goes "I DON'T KNOW! YOU DO IT! I'M DRIVING!!" Then all the riders on the bus yell "PULL THE BUS OVER I WANT OUT BECAUSE THIS BUS IS NOT AS FUN AS IT SHOULD BE!! LET ME OUT--THIS IS MY STOP!"

I pointed out a bus going by the other day to Leo and he immediately put his little fists up to his eyes like he was crying--for the "the babies on the bus go 'waa waa waa" part. It's his favorite part of the song. He like self referential humor-like his mother.

So I went for Leo's 15 month check up and I had a new nurse do the exam and oh my god--it was AWESOME. in the bad entertaining way. By the end of the exam she had Leo diagnosed as a big headed deaf kid that was ready for the short bus. Not that I should mock that because there could be some learning trouble in the future--WHAT DO I KNOW. well, now for sure it will happen because i just made that reference. (this reminds me of how my friend Jon has for his entire life been fighting for people to stop using the word 'retarded' because he has a sister who is mentally handicapped. I've fought this battle on his and his sister's behalf also over the years. And then a few months ago Jon calls me to tell me that his handicapped sister has been using the word 'retarded". As in "I'm not going to that movie--it's so retarded." When he told his sister that it wasn't a word that she or anyone should use--she was mystified. "why not?!" Now he's not sure what to fight for.

ANYWAY---the nurse was very alarmist. First she measured Leo's head and announced that it was very large. which we've always known. then she measured my head and pronounced it LARGE and then she gave me a measuring tape thing and told me to rush home and measure Jeff's head and call in with the measurement. I told her I could nip this is the bud right now "it's large. What's your point?" and basically she was implying that maybe it was TOO LARGE. From there she asked me about Leo's speech and I told her that he babbles away but really clear words aren't really happening yet. Aside from Dada and Mamma. And maybe "more". but that's about it. Though he is chatty. She said 'if he doesn't say clear words in a few more months--we're going to send him to a specialist." That's about the moment when I grabbed her shoulders and shouted "I'M IN LOVE!!! I HOPE WE GET YOU EVERYTIME!!" Then she looked in Leo's ears and saw that he had some 'puss' in the ears. Which makes sense--he had been really sick for a week but he's better now. He's great now. She said there was still some infection in there and we should put him on antibiotics. I was like 'but he's on the mend--" and she stopped me there with 'he won't be able to hear and then he will never talk." Ahhh. she's a gem.

And then he got shots.

Leo is doing well and is happy to know that Zach got a job at Urban Outfitters in Boston. I'm happy to know that because I get a friends and family discount.

So it looks like the movie role (Jason Segel is the star---and Emily Blunt--produced by Judd Apatow) is happening. I had to move a show around in Portland---but the theater helped me make it happen. Which is amazing. The first shoot dates are in Michigan for 2 days the end of April. Then the second shoot days are in July after Jeff is gone. It's in San Francisco. So if anybody wants to come and be a live in nanny for Leo for 2 days while I shoot--YOU ARE SO WELCOME!!! I'll pay for your flight and you can use my towels.

That's my news. I think. Jeff is ready to go to Alaska cuz the whole house husband things is wearing on him. Though he is bummed about being gone for so long....I'm sure.

I just spent so much money buying raincoat for Leo and rainboots. When he out grows them I want to send them to somebody. I know...HARRY!!! I mean Henry---that's Harrisons brother's name. Or June--June could wear them. They are metrosexual.

2 comments:

  1. I love San Francisco, I love you and I'm sure I'd love adorable Leo....

    ReplyDelete

Followers