Monday, September 12, 2011




Cousin Joe (he's my birth mothers-brother David's son) turned 30 and I lied and said I'd be at his party but then the night came and I was too SLEEPY. Leo goes to bed at 9pm which is not ideal..but his 3 hour nap is quite ideal. So it's a toss up. Anyway for his birthday I let him come over and go the beach with Leo and I! I know! When it's YOUR birthday I'll let you drive out and hang out with us. Maybe. Joe is great company so I'll consider his visit my birthday gift. And Leo loves a laid back 30 year old and he was digging him. My camera--which I just bought-is already destroyed by Leo licking the lens. Or dropping it as he's trying to lick it. But this is the photo of Joe and I. My new thing is to do a big fake laugh in photos so that it always looks like I'm having THE TIME OF MY LIFE. And no matter how big and fake I go..it always looks good in the photos. I want Leo to think that we were having the time of our lives when he was 21 months old. Not that we were checking our watch every half hour going "oh my god--i have 2 hours before he goes to bed?"

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjh2wm2j8pIVDCeQx7FRwfY5I2ZNlIhMnkYuz5oeQYk9CHZtxYxcWsDQZnSEUVwNuCe7JN2-LdMs6BaIuaq3MvvflsiWSz-AamtkA2gSLk-MeUdHzCFKcszdvAO5gC-fchWBdSbmcAmD8Y/s1600/IMG_1402.JPG">

Jeff and I divide our days up and take turns taking the morning shift of the afternoon shift. I tend to always invite friends along when it's my shift. Not every day--because I like a little one on one time--but a lot. My friend Chris Welch is in town doing a play from NY and has his wife and their baby with them--so I've been demanding they be friends with us. So lucky for us--the bluff is an attractive offer. Emma and her baby June come out a few times a week and it's been great.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers