

Our French Ultra Sound lady was laughing and saying things like 'wow...this baby is really something...he is really active. I'm not kidding..look at him. This is really something." She did just get back from vacation in Tel Aviv so she may have just been in a really good mood. But she measured everything and everything was PERFECT. She was looking for 'the lips' and trying to get him to stop moving around enough to get a shot of his mouth--and I thought she just wanted to make sure he had full beautiful lips but she was checking to see if they were cleft. Which hadn't even dawned on me...the possibility. But after she said it I got very grateful for every "perfect' she gave after measuring his body. His size is good--not small. He's at one pound and 8 oz which is good for 23 weeks.
These are boring blog details but it made for a RIVETING visit to the gyno today. And this 3-D Ultra Sound thing is amazing. Every one should get one. And to see him in there kicking and kicking and moving around...now I could see why I've been feeling him move so much.
I'll never get used to be on Rodeo Drive going to the doctors. It's surreal. But then we went to Nate and Al's again--the deli and ate. And ate.
This last weekend was my last stage performance until after he is born. It went really well I think and I'm excited to now get to focus on getting ready for the baby and having money anxiety. In that order.
Not only is he stunningly spectacular :) I thought of another reason why you should celebrate his manhood. NOW when you get a manicure, you too will get the short neck massage because you are special and the mother of a boy. He is amazing!
ReplyDeleteA handsome little guy, at least when rendered in 3D. Again -- congratulations to you and jeff both.
ReplyDeleteI've got lots of experience being a parent (3 months worth), so here are a couple thoughts:
1) There will be plenty to worry about.
2) After he is born, there might be a time when you need to wake him up from a nap. You will pull him out of his crib and he will be disoriented as he wakes up, but when you hold him against your shoulder he will realize it is you and he will snuggle up against you. This will be nice.
Justin (borrowing Emily's account)
truly a miracle. ultrasound is crazy! that you can see him and know what he looks like before he's born. wow wow.
ReplyDeletewe are all so thrilled for you, and so excited to meet sobbing lady man.
from lucy: i'm gonna be nice to it, i'm gonna have sleepovers with it and i'm going to read it stories!
we love you.