Thursday, August 13, 2009


So last night I registered--with the help of Danza---for all these baby things. And I certainly hope it's not jarring that I have a few 200 dollar plus items on the list. You gotta dream big. Because I'm not working at the moment---I thought about listing some basic household things. Paper towels...organic fruit etc. But I don't want to steal from the baby--yet. I'll wait to steal from him when he's napping--so it feels more exciting. I'll put little rings on his fingers then sneak in and steal them. So I'll have something to blog about. "the baby's diamond necklace is gone!"

Last night I also drank a Guiness Beer. Now if this upsets any of my family members--I want you to know that I was surrounded by 2 massage healer ladies who insisted that in Ireland---Guiness is like 'BABY MEDICINE". A virtual vitamin drink. If I DIDN'T drink the beer it would be cruel--was how they put it. Kind of. And I didn't feel the alcohol. Which was good. That would make me nervous. And the stories I keep hearing from a lot of very unstable friends about 'all the Manhattans and the martini's" their mother's drank...don't really sell the whole "it can't hurt that much".

And I don't plan on having a beer every day (like Jeff's mother was ordered to do by her doctor). Unless I really want something to drink with my evening cigarette. Or we're out of milk for my cereal.

I think I"ve already made that joke before.

**please don't tell Grandma Mary about the beer

So I registered at Land of Nod---Baby's R US---and The Pump Station. (gross title--but it's a great local boutique for breast feeding in our hood)

Jeff only got involved with the registering when I was looking at baby carriers. He did a good hour of research on the baby bjorn that he wanted. He spent more time researching the one item than I did registering for everything. I don't have a lot of 'research' patience. I just want to be bossed around told what's the best and then I'll ask for it.

One fancy thing--or 2 fancy things we asked for--were a jogger stroller and a portable crib. Get that baby on the move. both are work related items---in order to get myself back out performing i'll need to get in shape pretty quick and we'll be on the road in March with the baby--so wanted to have a good portable crib. We'll also use it when people come to stay with us (all of YOU PEOPLE)..we'll put the baby in it in our bedroom. (don't say anything Hilary....SHHH)

actually the car seat i think i asked for was expensive. maybe i should have gone cheaper--i don't want to look GREEDY and OBNOXIOUS. I don't want to show my true self...


and I asked for one thing from Amazon.com...which is maybe confusing. It's a white noise-sleep machine. to help drown out the traffic noise in the baby's room. Jeff and I use a fan to make white noise---but I don't want the baby's hair to get all messy and blown around. I've got hair product I can use to achieve that look for him. Maybe i asked for a car seat from Amazon...I can't remember. All that beer.

My hope is to find a free crib and free few other things for free. Like a breast pump. I'll start checking the alleys in Santa Monica before trash days.

This 3-D picture thing has really thrown me into THE REALITY of Arlo. That's his name this week. Last week--it was Eddie. But the photo doesn't look like Edison.

I'm just avoiding working on my book proposal...so I should get back to it.

My attention span is--20 minutes on work.....20 minutes on baby.....20 minutes on work etc etc.

Zach is leaving for school in a matter of weeks---as we begin re-modeling around him as he sleeps..we're sad and excited. I'll miss him BAD. But look forward to not finding his hair stuck on the walls...and on the butter. He's like a big house cat.

1 comment:

  1. i love arlo! and eddie! you're gonna have a puppy! no seriously, it's such a big deal naming somebody. lucy wants to change her middle name cuz kids at school called her p u, like stinky. sad world.

    a jogger stroller is a must for you guys. you'll be out there the day of the birth... but that wouldn't be good. guiness is way better, before and after. every day.
    we love you guys so much and are so excited.

    ReplyDelete

Followers