

A weight I'm going to encourage him to try and stay at for the rest of his life.
We had a doctors appointment today and we got to see him again. The french ultra sound lady loves the baby--I swear it's not just a "I'm paid to do this' fake Hollywood love. She's french--she's mean and blunt. Not fake and fawning. Today she said "Oh wow...I like this baby. This is one cute baby." We tipped her 20 bucks. (I'm already such a gross braggy mother...uh-oh. Well, at least that's better than a drunk abusive one...or is it?)
She gave us one of those 4-D glamor shots of him for free so we could see his gigantic lips in 4-D. Coming at us. I'm more worried about having to birth those lips than the head.
And the report was that he was 'perfect'. (I'll be sure to use that against him when he's older..."you were sold to me as being PERFECT..what happened?!) He's moved into position--with his head down and weighs in at 4 pounds. And everything was looking really good.
BUT
I have some sort of virus that kept me up all last night and I woke up this morning with a giant sore on my tongue. Disgusting. It may be from me licking the side of the public bus by accident. I don't know exactly what it is but it could not be more disgusting. If it's still as DISGUSTING tomorrow I'll call an ENT guy.
Dr Weiss, the baby doctor, always tells us something fabulous about himself--he's not overtly braggy--there is something somewhat charming about it. I told Jeff to 'get ready...every time I see him he drops something like how he 'wrote a book' or 'was asked by the president to be on some board" etc etc. I told Jeff to 'try to catch the brag' but he wasn't able to notice it because it impressed Jeff too much. Dr Weiss was telling us how he went out to dinner with "some pretty important folks...who's names I won't get into". And I said something sarcastic (I have a boil covered tongue..I'm crabby--it slipped out. Or maybe the tongue this is my punishment for sarcasm) so I said something like..."that's so good of you --protect their identity. You're so good with celebrities" and he immediately said their names. It was some political figure who Jeff immediately knew--(I don't want to name drop..plus I can't remember and Jeff's in the bathroom) and the two of them chatted about the major politico guy forever. And then when I was trying to describe the hell of not feeling well and my gigantic boil on my tongue--I touched my tongue and they both yelled at me at the same time. "DON'T TOUCH IT...GEEZ!"
Jeff loves Dr Weiss.
I was like..'get a room you two..."
The visit perked me up though--I am home a lot this days. Getting the baby's room ready--and getting ready for some company in the next few weeks. Which I look forward to. Jeff and I both were commenting that we not only miss Zach--we miss the Drama of having Zach here. He continues to THRIVE at his school and love it. As his girlfriend said "it's like he's not even at college---he's at art school!" His girlfriend hates her school and is looking to transfer. To a school perhaps in the Boston area. hmmm.
Jeff has been getting into Antique Auctions here...so don't come visit us with any old coins...don't tempt him.
I hope everyone is doing well. We are.
My friend Gillian had her baby Sept 1st....Benjamin
and soon my friend Hilary will have hers....a boy. It's raining boys. but is it raining forskin? another subject....i don't want to get in to..yet.
My nephew is so beautiful!!! I can't think of anything cute to say about your tongue...except I hope Leo doesn't get it... xoxoxo Leslie
ReplyDeleteHere's my unsolicited advice about circumcision--I'm a jew and think it is a barbaric practice. It is mutilation. If your son wants to remove his foreskin someday, he can always decide to --if you decide and do it for him it cannot ever be replaced. I see no difference between male & female circumcision. By the way, Leo IS beautiful--and I cannot wait to meet him:) XXOO
ReplyDeleteVanessa