Why people move to be closer to their families. I never got it before--why would you want your family all 'up in your business' watching you make all the wrong choices and insisting you spend every holiday with them? but now---I get it. It is hard to be in such a career city during these final pregnancy days. My comforts are Jeff-food--Tivo and the pool.
Last night I was rushing (first huge mistake) out of a private coaching session because I was late and Jeff was waiting to pick me afterwards--and I fell. I somehow stepped off the sidewalk and then fell to my knees and then tried to get up as quick as I could which was far TOO quick so I stood up and immediately was off balance again and then smashed into a tree that luckily was right there. It was the most out of control-crazy pregnant fall and I had no power to stop myself--except with my knees. The main goal was obviously not to fall on my stomach...and I didn't. I did scare the shit and traumatize a tiny young asian girl that was walking by me at the time. She came towards me but I was screaming "I'M OKAY!! I'M OKAY!!! I'M OKAY!!" over and over again and she walked past me and then Jeff came running over.
Then I sat in the car and sobbed. Jeff--missed the fall. Just like he missed when I was walking down the Red Carpet for the Eddie Murphy Movie and everyone was yelling my name. He was busy getting 'our tickets organized' then and this time he was busy planning the route we'd be taking to drive home. He did say "i looked up and you were leaning against the tree"--so he caught me in my 'I'M OKAY!!!" stage.
and then we both were worried that I'd caused some baby trauma. but I don't think i did--he's still moving in there.
last night I woke up in the middle of the night with Post Traumatic Stress from the fall and was all weepy about how vulnerable it all was--this baby--life etc. Or maybe the PTS is from seeing the movie "Precious" last week. and I wanted to be able to see everybody in the family--I'm sure this feeling will pass and I'll start being glad you all live in Indiana soon....I'M KIDDING, GOD....but right now, I miss everybody.
Dr Weiss said that he guessed I'd go a week over my due date. Just a random guess. And he looked at me--laughed and said "doesn't she look cute?" to Jeff--adding "just like Baby Huey".
He's hilarious....
you are gorgeous! amazing and only a little more to go - then the real fun starts! i really hope jeff's milk does come in so he can help like that. can't wait to see you guys and girl.
ReplyDeleteare your knees okay? and my ankles look like that right now...
ReplyDelete