Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tears at 3:30ish





Or maybe it will be more 3:45. And please let most of the tears be on my end. No, let it be the baby and let me be strong. No...let the doctor cry. Somebody will be crying because today Leo gets his first round of vaccinations. He's REALLY excited about it. I lied and told him we're going for ice cream. That's what I'll do if anybody dies too--tell them they went the store and they'll be right back.

Ideally, Jeff would be going with me but he has to work. I'm so curious how much Leo weighs and the doctor will suggest he gets his stomach stapled or something. At the newborn support group I went to yesterday he was once again the biggest baby besides a 4 month old. And he was the best baby. 2 people came up and told me that he was 'the best baby in the class'. I told them 'oh well, it's not a competition...' then I ran out to my car with Leo yelling WE WON!! WE WON!!

I thought breast feeding was supposed to just suck the weight off me. It's not, by the way. And I joined Weight Watchers and keep forgetting to tally up my points. blech

So next week Carla comes to babysit Leo for 3 and half hours for 3 days a week. She's coming on Sunday for a trial hour. the trial is for me--not for her. At the newborn support group all the mothers agreed that they just could never leave their newborn until he or she was at least 6 months old and even then it would only be with a family member. There were about 12 ladies in the class and they ALL agreed on this. It was bizarre and somewhat depressing. but also none of them had been away from their baby pretty much at all since birth. I've been leaving Leo with Jeff about 2 1/2 hours daily to either do errands or exercise etc. now when i come home Leo has been fed about 3 bottles--has bizarre outfits on and is covered in dried spit up...but he's happy. Bloated but happy. Plus I think abandonment is good for a baby---look what a career I've made out of it. I'M KIDDING....I'M KIDDING.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers