He's SUUUPER busy. Today some friends of mine with babies around Leo's age came and hung out on the bluff..under the swaying palms--with the cool ocean breeze and lots of adoring looks from old Russian ladies. It was completely exciting for me to have 3 of my friends who I like so much...and their boys. In the photo is Walter--he's to the right of Leo and was born a week earlier. And on the left is Jasper--my friend Hilary's baby. Everyone tries to act patient about the fact that Leo still sleeps with me...I'm also the only one who lets Leo wear make-up and go out in drag. So I'm just progressive.
Leo loves the saucer thing that his Aunt Lisa got him. He also wears the PJ's that his Aunt Leslie gave him and plays with the rattle she got him (i have to keep it even so there's no fighting)....he can't quite move around in the exercise saucer thing--he just leans and drools on things. But he likes it.
He had his 4 month Dr appointment and he was 16 pounds and 7 oz...and 26 inches long. I'm curious if that's close to what Max and Harrison and Parker were...? Todays blog theme is all about competition...I like to think of everything around childhood in terms of 'winners and losers' and 'right and wrong'. Just Kidding.
The doctor re-measured Leo's head and his height because he thought it seemed like a big growth spurt from the last appointment and he didn't trust it. That was exciting.
Leo got his shots and I didn't sob. In fact I laughed hysterically-it was odd. Just Kidding.
So--we've been packing all night getting ready to be away for a month....we're going to visit the Berkeley folks for a few days--and then go on to Portland for a weekend of shows and then Seattle. yay...3 weeks in Seattle. Not the worst thing to happen to us.
Leo is...beautiful and sweet and chill and he laughs at all my jokes. I could not have asked for a better baby. Well..I would have liked a mix race baby but Jeff is too white--as much he always tries to claim he's native american.
I hope everyone is doing well. Spring is here-ish.
Parker was 14.4 lbs and 24 inches at 4 months. Skinny for Indy... probably a fatty for LA.
ReplyDelete