Tuesday, April 6, 2010

TECH REHEARSAL








This is during my tech for the show at Marlboro college. Leo ended up falling asleep during it. I cut out all the curse words during the tech..don't worry.


Jeff talks in a high falsetto to Leo---which Leo loves. He smiles and laughs. I feel like I'm living with Mrs Doubtfire. And i'm worried that Leo thinks Jeff's the Mom and I'm the Dad since my voice is a low baritone. Jeff and I have been doing really well as a team though. We have a few "he loves this blanket" "NO...he love THIS blanket!" moments. But we're really good otherwise. I've always had trouble with baby talk--but since I'm doing it now quite a lot-you'd think I'd be better with Jeff's loving banter to Leo. And I'm getting somewhat better--I don't immediately imitate every thing that comes out of his mouth. Which is profound for me.

We just got back from our trip to Vermont and to Boston to see Zach. It was the most fun I've ever had with Zach. We had a few fun days when he was on house arrest playing poker with him--but he was somewhat forced to hang with us since we were his cellmates. But this trip felt like we all actually WANTED to hang out...we went to the museum that is associated with his school. In every room we'd pick our favorite piece of art on the wall and Zach and I always had the same one. We both always liked the naked girl ones. Just kidding....Zach just seemed so mature and fun and fun to talk to...he was great with Leo. His dorm room is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in my life. I've walked out of public restrooms that were less disgusting. His room mate sleeps on a bare mattress with this giant stain on it--and is surrounded by Gatoraide bottles in his bed. That's the least disgusting example.

We had an amazing time...he looks and seems pretty great.

Now we're back for this week and then we go to Seattle and Portland for about a month. YAY.

I got mad at this town again yesterday and broke up. So I'm thrilled to be going to Seattle to do a show. The HUNG job was supposed to be this amazing 5 episode job where they were going to pay me a weekly salary....which is amazing. I found out yesterday that my manager 'spoke to soon' and that actually--if I'm only in one scene in the episode--I'm being paid a daily rate. It sucks. When she told me my first reaction was 'this is a ridiculous business...what the hell' than I got over it by watching Project Runway. And if I end up poor this summer while Jeff is away and can't afford to hire a nanny/babysitter-I'll just go to Indiana and mooch off all my relatives. I'll spend a few days at each ones house and then leave before they notice that I've been eating all their food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers