Tuesday, June 8, 2010

SMOKERS HACK AND MISTY OCEAN DAYS

The day after Jeff left I had tons of energy and was like THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!!! I'll set my own schedule!! We can do whatever we want all day long!!! More room in the apartment!! Chips and Salsa for dinner again!!!! Oprah! Intervention!! Documentaries!!! My I POD in the player all day long!!! JOGGING ON THE BEACH!!!!

and then i got sick. and then Leo sick. Now we're both sick. Jeff had it before he left and he left it and lasagna behind for us.

Now we both just laugh and cough. Cough and laugh. And take tylenol and sleep.

I've spoken with Jeff a few times and he's having a great time. He's learning how to repair nets. He's been a bit panicked because they show him one time and are like 'got it? great. moving on..." they show him once and assume he's got it. I told him to make sure he raises his hand and asks questions. Though questions aren't macho.

I think I'll survive the summer and even enjoy it once I get over this cold. The day before I got sick I'd gone on my second run on the beach with Leo in the Bob. Amazing. It was one of those THIS IS THE LIFE moments. Plus everyone smiles as we go buy. Most people have those Bob strollers but use them for their dogs.

I've been telling people how Leo and I are alone and starving---and it's paid off. My neighbors invited us for dinner on sunday and my other neighbor said she'd bring me food when she makes too much. I'm the dog under the table in our apartment building.

My friend Kevin Wanzer sent me a quick email saying that perhaps we could travel together from LA to Indy and he'd help me with Leo. I'll send him an email this week to see if he was kidding.

In the meantime...we're listening to Joni Mitchell and jumping in the jumpy thing waiting for the ocean to open. It opens after he takes a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers