Friday, July 16, 2010

A MOCHA saved my life

When I wrote that I had a flash of something my friend in Tonia said about how she almost died on a New York subway when the doors shut on her scarf and the train was about to take off and decapitate her and an older black woman stood up and started screaming STOP THE TRAIN!! OPEN THE DOORS-NOW!! OPEN THE DOORS-HER DAMN SCARF IS IN THE DOOR--YOU'RE GONNA KILL HER!!!!!" she always says thank god there was a black woman on the train because all the white people on the train just sat and looked overwhelmed and nervous. She can talk about race freely because she has 2 adopted black kids and she and her partner are white.

Jeff is being stung in his face by Jelly Fish all the time and it hurts. That's his big complaint--I'm not impressed. I'm exhausted and have enough of this whole 'holding down the fort' thing. Jeff will tell me to just get a babysitter and take some time to get my work done--or just get a housekeeper to help clean--but both of things take actually MAKING A PHONE CALL and or SENDING AN EMAIL. I literally left the house twice today with no shoes on and stood on my front steps going "something feels off" before I realized I had no shoes on. Then I operated heavy machinery.

Leo is wonderful though. No problems there--unless nonstop cuteness and charm are problems.

I was about to break down and start crying today and then I went to Whole Foods and got a Mocha and bought sushi and fancy foods and it really cheered me up. And walking around at about 5pm when the air was so lovely from the ocean...and the light on Saint Monica's church was beautiful....and we sat in the park and looked at leaves. Like stoned people. Well..I shouldn't say that--because there are lots of literally stoned people in the park and they're not starring at the leaves--they're taking off their socks and itching their feet a lot.

Zach called the other night---I feel like I already wrote this--but he said "guess who's not in Alaska right now?" and I thought..uh-oh. then he said "my friends who got fired...which is all of them." Zach is about done there and he actually got a work promotion he was thrilled about. And he was happy that he hadn't been fired. "I'm gonna get a massage as soon as I get back". Was what he said--I don't think he's had a massage in his life. Well.maybe he has. He sounded good--

Jeff did too. These days everybody sounds better than I do every time we talk.

Indy is days away. Now I'm not even dreading the plane trip because I'm looking forward to it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers