and I'll take three dozen please. I know that every family has the video of their baby dancing. and I'm sure most babies have the same moves. THOUGH I DOUBT ANY TODDLER COULD BEAT LEO'S FANCY ONE KICK. I mean KICK IT OVER HEAR BABY!! HE'S GOT SOME MOVES!!! no surprise. when I was in third grade I won the disco dancing contest at my school. It was just a contest held by the third graders who brought their lunch to school and all decided to eat in the class in order to have a disco contest. and I won. I don't even think I was wearing my purple satin pants that day. I didn't need to.
The other day started dancing to someone's cellphone ring. Which made the person mad because we were in the library and it really helped point out that their phone was going off.
The big trouble we are having these days is his damn bed time. He used to go to bed at 7:30 every night. He now goes to bed at fricken 8:30. he might as well stay up all night. And because I cannot accept this new bed time--I've continued the same bedtime routine in hopes that he'll go to sleep by 7:30--which just means I'm up struggling with him...as he keep grabbing books and throwing them at me. And refusing to be rocked or held or sung to. The sleep training got screwed up with him being sick and us doing so much traveling. that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. Jeff is at peace with his new bedtime. But I spend the whole last half hour stressing about how much I HAVE TO DO as soon as he goes to bed and that I'm getting tired. And that by the time he goes to bed and I do my work I won't have time for wine. That's the real issue--he's cutting into my wino time. It's hard to read to him at night with a glass in my hand.
We are going to Joshua Tree this weekend--it's a wedding present from our friend Dan and Jay. They are very generous with us. It will be 3 couples--3 dogs and Leo. I'm just hoping the other couple they invited isn't really attractive. We don't need that right now. i wanted to flat out ask "are they fat?" to help us feel better about our aging fat selves....but it seemed rude. A weekend away...it supposed to rain all weekend. So that will be fun. IF YOU'RE A DUCK!!! that's my new sense of humor now that I'm a mom.
I just did such a mom thing...I called the city of Santa Monica to complain about the playground across the street from us not being done yet. they shut it down months ago and stopped working on it. I called and told them 'that playground was the reason we moved here. That and Baja Fresh. Why do you hate my baby?"
Zach is in the other room with Jeff right now-Jeff is helping him with his taxes. Zach is getting bored of Santa Monica--which is a good sign I think. And frustrated with his low paying job...he still likes the job but is not getting as many hours and is getting tiny paychecks. I bet Art School doesn't look like the worst place in the world anymore....
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(142)
-
▼
February
(13)
- HOT TUB PARTY---
- No title
- Dancing babies are a dime a dozen
- THEY GOT HIM
- We can't afford Legos so we gave him a box of tampons
- Grandma Mary's backbook cover photo
- Hot Mamma Sarah
- we want a Berkeley backyard
- Sarah bought us all hats-(and Rosy a peacock hair ...
- Dress up with Cousin Rosy
- This Gangsta didn't want to get his hands dry whil...
- The Awkward fatty photo
- No title
-
▼
February
(13)
No comments:
Post a Comment