Friday, February 25, 2011

HOT TUB PARTY---








Leo and I have decided to be swingers...so we're spending a lot of time in hot tubs hoping to meet other moms who are dirty hippies and would get in a hot tub in the middle of Joshua Tree on a freezing cold day. It's totally vain--all the photos of Leo and I. But I love them because it was the most relaxed and happy we were all last weekend at Joshua Tree. It was the one place where there wasn't a deadly looking cactus an inch away from us or a giant boulder that Leo wanted to climb but couldn't. We had a great time getting away with our friends and hiking...and eating and drinking. But it was sort of a dog weekend. The other two couples are MAJOR dog people and by the end of the weekend even I was mad at Leo for not being a dog.

But since the weekend...Leo has blossomed. He seems so different. The desert changed him. Or being naked in the hot tub with his mother. Both can be life changing I'm sure. (unless you're in europe--then it's no big deal) He has been so funny and so dance-crazy and just generally the most beloved little nugget of little boy fun. I've been madly in love with him. Jeff too. We both look forward to our portion of the day with him and get competitive about what we end up doing with him. "I think I'll take him to the playground in Venice that is actually on the beach--HE LOVES IT THERE!!" 'well, I think I'll take him to the playground on Pico because he can run and run on the grass. Which he's passionate about. Then I'll buy him books. and cake."



Things have been so fun and now we're gonna rip him away and take him to Boise--for even MORE FUN. Boise Family Fun. We're going to be staying with a family I've met once--Mormons with 3 kids--a giant house---and cows and horses down the street from them. Recently I started feeling guilty about the traveling. Worried that it's not so great for him. Our last 2 trips were good for us...not so great for him. In Berkeley he was sick all weekend and last weekend he wasn't a dog. I think this week in Boise should be good. We have a lot of friends with kids there and it's a really kid friendly city. It's just one giant chuck-e cheeses.

now on to my career.



no pilot auditions came thru. But today I had an audition for a film and it went really well. I'm feeling cocky-like I may get it. I came home so full of "I NAILED IT!!!" self confidence that Jeff has actually taken the role of the cynical one in order to create balance in the universe. It was just such a fun audition..such great people and it went so stinking well. It's for lesbian chef in a film with Jason Segel.

here's some quick Leo stats that are so general and basic they may even bore a grandma--

he climbs up on everything

he loves books and is always bringing books to me for him to read to him.

He's not really saying words yet--though he'll sometimes say "more" and he can roar like a lion when prompted (or paid 20 bucks)

He loves loves music--we have a daily dance session and he digs it. if he really likes a song he just stands very still and stares at the Ipod player.

He eats a combo of real food (corn on the cob is his favorite) and baby food. we use the baby food to get him some vegetables in his system.

I made a huge mistake and introduced him to ketchup. when I looked away for a second-he had his face down on the plate and was licking the ketchup up.

he's not biting anymore....and he's going to bed around 8. which I can handle. and he's got a bunch of teeth. and he's still fat. so all is right....

zach is good too. i've included an incredibly handsome photo of sweet zach...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers