Monday, May 9, 2011

The wisdom of drunk people

Leo and I were walking down the street in downtown Portland on the way to the Apple store and a really drinky drunk dude came up to Leo and started chatting with him. First he asked Leo if he was enjoying his drink and I was like "not as much as you are, my friend". And then he said to him "yeah, you having a good life, huh, motherfucker? Just hanging with Mamma, right motherfucker? I mean, shit you gotta-" and I explained to him how we're trying not to call Leo 'motherfucker' anymore. Which the guy understood. He said "okay..okay..Mamma gonna keep it in check!" I was so excited after this happened I told the guy who works at this great toy store we discovered (that I use as a playground basically) and now when Leo and I walk in the store I say "it's just me and the motherfucker, back for toys!" i MOUTH the word "MF". cuz i'm classy.

We have found things to do to fill the day here..and it's helping that Leo is feeling better. For about 3 days he was OFF. Crying and moody and I was sure it was my fault for bringing him to a city where the sun never shines. But he's better now. And is funny and fun and cute and eating fries and cheese again like a healthy ill-feed child. I took him to the zoo yesterday and he was way more into the statues of the animals that were next to the trash cans than he was the actual animals.

There was an annoying couple who had a baby about Leo's age with them who were signing everything to the kid..(he wasn't deaf--I checked. I screamed and he looked my direction.)

Leo just woke up--I have to go get him...more later and pix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers