but I still like it.
Yesterday I had the first parent/teacher conference of my life. I told the teachers about how my parents voted for Obama and how my Dad orders Cosmopolitans where ever he goes. Like Steak and Shake and Bob Evans. Which isn't true but who cares, it distracted them for talking about Leo not being potty trained yet. One of the teachers-I think her name is JUDY-was laughing so hard she was crying. I thanked them for teaching Leo how to express his feelings. "the other night my husband was yelling at me about being greedy with my work time and Leo yelled at him "Dada..you MAY NOT talk like that." They didn't say anything to that. My point was to set myself up as a victim of an abusive home so that they would again...cut Leo some slack.
They said that he was doing well in all areas. Not to brag. The areas were pretty general. Things like "he can pick up the playdough and move around heavy objects'. He talks and can be understood and he is friends with everybody. He's very social. Which sounded like what she would be telling every mother who came in but then they talked about how he can yell at kids when he gets upset and I knew then that they did know which blonde kid he was. I love the school. Not only because they laugh at my jokes. I swear.
Jeff is at some "Indulgence...the Parent Trap" talk at the school right now. I sent him and told him to take notes because I've been gone too many nights this week for work. Trying to get a bunch done before we leave for Portland next week. Jeff is going to drive so we have a car and Leo and I will fly. Man, I'm going to have to do some major spiritual retreats before the trip so I'm calm and centered to deal with Leo. I don't mean 'to deal' but there is a lot of not wanting to wear shoes...eat at the table etc etc. it's a constant boundary setting thing. LOT OF WORK THIS PARENTING THING.
did I mention that Leo is not napping anymore? Not by his choice..but by ours. So he'll go to sleep earlier with the time change. That's a riveting news blast, I'm sure. Now he's goes to sleep at 7:30 and wakes up at 8:30AM. I can live with that. I try to remember the perk of that schedule when he's yelling at me about not holding his socks in my right hand.
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(94)
-
▼
November
(9)
- Leo is three years old pretty soon
- Leo just BEGS us to take him to the Getty
- He says "don't go away from me" but he means...
- you can't carve pumpkins and expect them to last...
- this blog is a pain in the ass
- My 'buddy' told me the gossip
- This is one of teachers at Leo's pre-school
- leo at his pre-school
- "don't blog about this"
-
▼
November
(9)
No comments:
Post a Comment