Museums are the form of playgrounds for kids--so adults win too (in Portland we felt like 'adults won too' because they served beer everywhere but this is even better...not as fattening) The reviews for the show have been incredible and the audiences have been SMART. They don't make dumb dumb's here. And there are black people and white people from around the globe everywhere....and I see the White House as I walk to the theater every night. AND OBAMA IS IN IT. wimpy old obama. I still love him. So to sum it up--we are loving it here. It's the only place I've been in where I don't worry that Jeff will corner someone and start pelting them with a history or a politics lecture against their will. THEY LIKE THAT HERE.
And you can toss a toddler in a back of a cab too. Leo loved the taxi ride we took to the Building Museum and he loved our muslim driver because he was wearing a hat. "his hat! his hat! His hat!" he chanted most of the ride. I responded with "yeah...cool!" so the driver knew where we were 'coming from"...
Our housing is tiny--good enough--but small. Leo sleeps in the same room as us and likes to wake up in the middle of the night and stand up and scream at us. It's suddenly seemed smaller because we just got the news that they are extending the show until Dec 31st. I'll have 2 days off around christmas but that's it. I was so SURE that they would never ever extend that I let Jeff book tickets to Seattle and get a car etc etc. About 1500 dollars of travel costs that may be...lost. That was a tense night..and a confusing one. We were so happy that the show is doing well but completely mad at ourselves for not getting travel insurance. This seems to happen to me all the time--flights changing. I've lost so much money on that. And we are sad we won't be seeing our family in Seattle. If anyone has any extra miles that are burning a hole in their pockets-let us know.
Leo loves the metro here. There are escalators that go so far deep underground that it takes over five minutes (feels like 20) if you just stand and ride them the entire way down under ground. Leo loves the ride. They should have a ride like that in Disney World.
Indiana—as all of you know—because most of you reading this were THERE was wonderful. Painfully wonderful. To live so far away from your family when you have a small child is just…painful. I’m pretending you guys don’t exist now—so it’s less painful and so I don’t have to buy everybody Christmas gifts. But it was an amazing trip—the cousins—Aunt Leslie’s and at Danza’s….my moms’ amazing dinners and birthday bash she threw Leo and Rob and Debbies...Emily and Justins dinner and seeing the newest cousin-Miles for a second perfect. I changed his diaper. Thank you everybody for hosting us and for being so perfect to Leo.
Sorry I've been so out of the blogging life. This traveling thing is hard on my blogging career....xo
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(142)
-
▼
December
(14)
- Happy New Year!!!!!
- I don't even like the way the number "11" SOUNDS
- christmas with Santa
- The flower we brought fell out of our bag on the M...
- Eye on the prize
- No title
- Getting a republican haircut
- He's got the haircut of Popes and Presidents
- LEO GETS DOWN IN THE CITY....with the real people ...
- SURE IT SMELLED LIKE VOMIT AND WAS FREEZING...
- NEW YORK CITY BABY....
- maybe he wasn't supposed to sit on
- oozing mucus
- WASHINGTON DC is fun
-
▼
December
(14)
No comments:
Post a Comment