Easter was lovely. We went on a picnic at Will Rogers State Park which is a fancy park near the Palisades where they play polo and store horses. The last time I tried to go there I got to the gate of the park and found out that parking was 12 bucks and I only had 8 on me so I had to do the "EVERYONE BACK UP SO THE POOR PERSON CAN MAKE A U-TURN AND LEAVE THE PARK" move. So we skipped paying our cable bill and went to the park to fly a kite. There was a sign at the park--it was actually a printed out official 8X10 letter taped to a wall that said it was now officially against the law in California state parks to do anything that had to with a throwing a ball--kicking a ball or an object in the air or on the ground. The entire thing read like A JOKE. Like an article in The Onion. But it was real and I guess someone complained that they couldn't come to a park without a frisbee hitting them in the head while they read their NY Times. We were standing there thinking..."so we could get arrested if we fly this kite..." and everyone at the park--all these ball carrying families came in and would read the sign and then stand there with the same look we'd had on their faces 'WHAT THE HELL?" and then there was mass rebellion and every one started throwing everything in the air and kicking and shooting off guns. (i'm kidding about that part). It was intense. Like Egypt must have been.
And Leo doesn't like chocolate so he had a lot of jelly beans but would chew them and then spit them out. We were stepping on half chewed pieces of sugar all day long.
I have so much writing to do that I'm allowing myself only 10 minutes a day for blogging. or 20. Since I just realized I've been writing for 20. That added observation just pushed me to 21.
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(94)
-
▼
April
(13)
- the movie comes out tonight
- Potty humor
- so annoying
- Easter anorexic
- Good Bye Bad News Bears...
- Leo's favorite music video
- I wanna go to the beach
- Leo still sleeps in his crib
- He's listening to the music in his head
- WE USED THE MIXER OF MY YOUTH
- Reading this blog will be as least as exciting as ...
- I am the EVIL PUPPET MASTER!!
- MVI_3773.AVI
-
▼
April
(13)
No comments:
Post a Comment