Thursday, April 26, 2012

the movie comes out tonight

I think. Jeff and I went to go see a 'friends and family' screening that was for all the interns and costume people...and actors who couldn't afford to fly to NYC for the big premiere a few weeks ago. My friend Jon made a comment that the human ego is just not able to handle seeing itself on a gigantic screen. Which you'd think it would be the opposite--we would love it. But I found it so unsettling--I always do---that I at one point I wondered if it would look really bad if I ran from the theater crying. I play a pretty rough and tumble aggressive lesbian chef....and I look ROUGH. this will not make my parents happy. They like my hair combed. It's a total character role...and they cut out all the fun stuff and I was left with the very basic plot points without the hours and hours of improv we did. And there were many scenes in the movie where I thought "oh..I come on right NOW" and then the scene would end and we'd be in another location. A lot of folks got cut out completely because the movie was incredibly long. It still is...but it's totally enjoyable. I'm not selling it so well here but I was just sort of alarmed at the INTENSITY and briefness of it all. and seeing a big fat angry face screaming at me--that was mine. but go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers