Monday, June 1, 2009

Sporty BayBee


Today was the 13 week Ultra Sound to see if the baby has...a big neck. And a blood test. I put my coat under my shirt so that I can park in the 'pregnant ladies' spot. My Doctor is on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills which was a mark against him in my book at first...but now that i see that there's a plastic surgeon in the same building I've changed my tune.

Normally I wait a long time in the WAITING room but with Jeff with me for the first time I actually went up to the receptionist and asked 'how much longer" and apologized for being impatient. She pointed towards where Jeff was sitting in the waiting room and said--"men".

I've not been nervous GENERALLY but as soon as we were in the waiting room I couldn't do anything but stare at the other pregnant women and wonder how their butts were so small.

Soooo--the french ultra sound lady was very happy with what she saw. Which made it happy for us. (The Betty Blue soundtrack just started playing on my ITUNES as I typed the word French)

This was what she said---
"There she is! She is so active!"



(they don't know the sex yet--we'll know june 22)

The baby was moving around a lot--I think all babies are doing that--but this Ultra Sound lady really knows how to sell it...she made it seem like something unbelievable was happening. Which--I guess is. I was all happy afterwards--telling Jeff--"it's a really active happy baby! that's what the french lady said!" and he was like 'or maybe it's moving around a lot due to anxiety."

The french lady also said--

"Look at her stretching her legs and moving around! You have a sporty baby!" (a lesbian baby)
"Looook! She's very positive this baby...look at her raising her arm in the air--she is triumphant!" (a black panthers baby)

The picture below is from the top of her/his head...she kept raising one hand up. We all waved back. And was excited to see that the baby will be good on a parade float.



Everything looked great....we have to wait until the we get the blood tests back to get the real results. But it all seemed quite good. I am tired....I was shocked to get on the scale and see 139 pounds at the Doctors--at home i'm 135--which means i've gained 7 pounds so far. But nobody seemed to care. Even though I tried to get them care---I stood up and grabbed the fat on my stomach and shook it at them--like I like to do--and nobody even laughed.


I'll have to go to the message boards where mother's to be reprimand other mothers for gaining too much weight.


The baby's arm looked a bit thin so we went to a Jewish Deli--Nat and Al's and ate creamed herring.

I have never felt such a strong family vibe as I have since being pregnant--this is gonna be one lucky baby.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, he/she is beautiful :) No, not Jeff eating, but the ultrasound!! That is my first look at my niece/nephew. I know you want a girl, but Emma wants to keep her crown, so she is hoping for another boy. I will have to look at the photo every day until the birth day. xoxox Give my new neice/nephew a good hug through the belly fat for me Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS EMMA!
    AND I WILL LOVEE THE BABY NO MATTER WHAT THE SEX BUT MY CROWN STILL STAYS SO THIS BABY IS S.O.L! BUT...IM TOO EXCITED TO MEET MY FUTURE PROTEGE :) I WILL TEACH HIM/HER EVERYTHING I KNOW AND MORE! IT WILL BE ONE LUCKY KID! ESPECIALLY WITH YOU & JEFF!
    i love you!
    xoxo
    Emma Kotyuk

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWOOWOWOWOOOOOWOOOOWO!!!!!!! what a beautiful and buff baby!!!! i swear, ultrasound is amazing. crazy cool. when lucy swam her face up to the camera (late in the pregnancy) and we saw her- clear as fuzzy black&white - michael jumped back like he'd been bit saying, "we're not supposed to see this!!!" but he can't watch er room shows...

    you also look beautiful. just beautiful. and jeff looks okay.

    ReplyDelete

Followers