Today at the pool by the beach Leo and I just wandered around trying to charm people into inviting us to use their toys/eat their food/join their parties. A woman recognized me from HUNG and we WERE IN. "Are you Horny Patty? Well, feel free to come over and join us over there--help yourself to food and toys--we're here every Wednesday. Do you live in the Palisades too?" My friend Erica who I usually go with on Wednesdays is in Europe and I told her this could happen. We could get snatched up. We're like Truman Capote of the toddler/momma set. WE don't have the money or the social standing but we tell witty stories and are in good moods so we can come to the parties. Well, I don't tell witty stories. Today I just complained about how Grandparents don't ever share toys. I guess in their day everybody had one lead paint shovel to carry asbestos into the oily ocean and it was all you had. One per child issued by the government. One grandma had 2 bright monkey chairs that were for kids in the middle of the playground and all she was doing was batting kids off the chairs. So they could be empty and ready for her grandkids who were eating sand miles away. And I said what I said to the other NON SHARING PERSON we encountered the other day--"Oh..you don't want him (Leo) near your stuff. Okay. NO LEO THEY'RE NOT SHARING. STAY AWAY FROM THEM."
Meeting those nice ladies on the beach made me once again ponder the 'should we move to the east side'....we could live in a house on the east side. I'm gonna make a list of pros and cons when Jeff gets back.
Speaking of PROS--I got my car!! oh my god--it's wonderful. It looks good--they cleaned it up well. And put an IPOD jack in. And the smog of smug surrounds me.
The summer without the fisherman is almost over--and I'm feeling all proud. Like after a fast. Not that I know what it's like to fast--but I imagine you have days of 'I CAN'T DO THIS...WHY AM I DOING THIS" and then towards the end you feel like you can handle anything...you could drink lemon juice for the rest of your life!!! But I'm sure it's because you know the end is nearing. And it is. It will be good to have him back. I need someone to hold me back while I'm hurling plastic turtles at people screaming "THEY COST 30 CENTS...WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM...! HERE!! HERE'S A DOLLAR...CAN HE USE IT NOW?!! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU AS A CHILD?!!" etc etc (Dear April, I'm not kidding about this one)
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(142)
-
▼
August
(13)
- Leo's Friend Udesky...
- Now the pillow gathering is old news
- hair cut
- HAPPY
- There was a moment
- I could be reading the NY Times
- Photos by Danza....Hair by the lady who works at t...
- "What a pretty little girl...and what's her name? "
- Leo and I love the people
- I'm telling him the baseball mitt is a hat until h...
- He wanted a really big chair so he could know what...
- Leo and Jeff jam together on skype...
- The weather is nice....
-
▼
August
(13)
No comments:
Post a Comment