The original title for this post was 'being happy is bizarre' and I went on and on about how being happy is so a set up for the shock of NOT being happy...and I thought about all my midwestern relatives who must just think 'listen artsy fartsy--just take the trash out-make some dinner and stop being all OH I FEEEEEEEL THIS...AND I FEEEEEEL THAT'. NOBODY EVER SAID LIFE WAS FAIR etc etc. And I'm with you. I'M SICK OF ME FIRST! I got here before you!!!
But anyway--back to how i'm feeling....Leo threw up in his crib last night and then slept in it all night. It reminded me of when I threw up in the middle of the night when I was visiting my Grandparents in Nebraska when I was little. All I remember was the light being flicked on by older sister Leslie and her saying..."Lisa don't move". Lisa-my other sister-was the LUCKY one sharing the bed with me and I'd thrown up all over the place. My Grandparents served too many appetizers...it's their fault.
At first I was upset that I had to get up at 6:30 and put him in the bath....but then all day long I felt better than I'd felt in days. Things had been so 'la la la' here..following the same schedule every week and life basically the same. Except for my complaining about EVERYTHING...and taking care of him this morning took him out of my 'why do I always audition for Tranny roles...and when will have a back yard?" funk and gave me some actual purpose. Maybe I'll end up being one of those moms who keeps their kids sick to feel important! NOW THAT'S GOOD MATERIAL!!! (I'm kidding, April. I don't even know if the offended April is still reading this blog. I can only hope.)
Leo was fine today. He threw up from coughing too much which happens sometimes. He drinks too much milk before bed sometimes and he gets all MILKY. ( a medical term).
I want him to go bed at 8:30 this next week instead of 9. 9 is just too late. It's like a bad dinner party--by 8pm we always run out of things to do with him and we start asking him what his biggest regrets are in life. ANYTHING TO FILL THE SILENCE.
Jeff met a dutch man and his german wife with their 2 kids on the playground and befriended them and it was wonderful. We got a huge Euro hit for a week while they were here. The German woman was so great--they both were--but she would ask things like 'what do you believe in? God?" "Where do you think you go when you die?" and "are you happy with each other? I think you are...but have you always been happy? When were you the most unhappy?" "Do you think it's hard being a mother?" etc etc. And these were all back to back questions. I loved it. And they gave Leo a purple satin jacket. Which is my favorite kind of jacket.
No comments:
Post a Comment