My OBGYN is driving me nuts. EVERY SINGLE visit he tells me his political views. and put it this way...we differ. I can't get him to keep his focus on the baby for a second--whatever i ask him turns into a political discussion. I was asking about Swine flu shots and he told me that I'd have one by now if I were i the inner city or an illegal immigrant because that's what the government is doing and that led him to start talking about the public option-BLAH BLAH BLAH.
He seems not very concerned about the flu shots and thinks it's this administrations fault that it's a big deal. And that in reality it's the same thing as every year---same kind of threat. which i kind of agree with.
Anyway---I guess I knew that by getting a Beverly Hills-Rodeo Drive Hollywood celebrity gyno--that I wasn't exactly getting some hippy midwife. Yesterday he said "you can go ahead and go into labor any time you like...." and I come back in 2 weeks and then it's every week.
I will start walking now and doing what I can to bring on the labor so I don't go too long over my due date. If I can control that at all. And I'll scream his name to make him come out--"LEOOO!!! LEOOO!"
I've been teaching as I think I've told most of my FAMILIES....and coaching people during my pregnancy. Trying to practice doing things that help OTHERS and not ME...yesterday a girl I'm working with told me she thought I was going to be a good Mom because I helped her put together a detailed work schedule for a show she's trying to write. I am good at making schedules and lists of 'things to do"...maybe that will offset the inverted nipples thing.
Very sad news---i have some very sad news that seems almost wrong to wait until now to write about. Diane's (my birth mother) ex husband--and the father of all her children--was in a horrible car accident and his wife was killed a few days ago in Colorado. Her name was Anne and she has been Danza and Justin and Kenneth's step-mother for a very long time. And she was wonderful. I got to know her thru all the weddings that have been happening over the past few years. The morning that she was killed I was looking for a Baby's R US gift certificate that she'd sent Jeff and I....her mother also knitted us a blanket. I think I wrote about it on the blog--I know she was following the blog and was really excited about more babies being born and her excitement just made it feel like the family around Leo was just expanding and expanding.
So I've been grieving for the Harrisons--they are--as you can imagine---devastated.
Man..so many people this year dying----this whole 'fragile human' thing is getting to me. Vickie, Bob Dearing and now Anne. I should re-name the baby Vickie-Anne Bob Weedman.
Apparently the accident was caused by a distracted teenager--that's all I know--I haven't spoken to anyone since it happened because I know they're all just overwhelmed.
so that's the sad news. and as my friend Hilary said--hopefully Anne will pass Leo on his way here.
What a lovely idea that Anne will meet Leo- I'm sure she will and give him many blessings on his way. She sounds like a wonderful lady, and I'm so sorry for everyone's loss.
ReplyDeleteRemind the doc, that it's your dime :) and love you lots xoxox