Wednesday, December 30, 2009

THE BLANKET IS CRUSHING HIM



Leo grunts all the time like he's being crushed or something. As with every new development we greeted the change with "oh my god--something's horribly wrong". Then I Google "grunting newborn' and it turns out he's OKAY. I'm not. It's raining today and Leo has been crying a lot--not non stop--it's more fussying than crying. He seems to eating all the time. Literally every half hour or so. Well, not literally--he's been asleep for an hour now. But before that he was just chowing down all the time. Lord.

He's a month old today. I've officially moved his newborn clothes out and moved in the 0-3 month old clothes. Why he's a GIANT!!!!

Jeff and I are working out where I'll start to work next week for 3 hours a day--and I might as well be flying to Tahiti I'm looking forward to it so much. What I'm really looking forward to is returning to my writing projects knowing that I have Leo now.

The other day I was out walking around the neighborhood and a lady commented that if i was nervous about having a newborn out around so many people I should put a blanket over his stroller to keep the germs away from him---which seemed so insane because then nobody could see him. Which was half the point of going out. It is odd how much I want other people to see him and lie to me and say things like 'he's the cutest sweetest old soul of a baby I've ever seen." and really nobody cares about another persons baby like family...so I can't wait until March for you all to see him. He'll probably be covered in baby acne and be projectile vomiting when you meet him. Or I will be.

Last night I wanted to bounce Leo on this exercise ball that I just bought to help him go to sleep. I'd just gotten out of the shower and was wearing a robe when I ran out to the living room to offer to take Leo from Jeff and bounce him a bit to calm him down---but when I sat down on the ball it rolled and I fell off backwards--and my robe fell off too. As I was laying on the ground Jeff was grasping onto Leo telling me that "no way are you going to hold Leo on that ball! you can't even balance on it!! I'm not letting my son be bounced on that ball!"

I had to sit on the ball and prove that I could sit on it without falling off for a few more minutes before he let me try again. I tried to convince Jeff that I'd punctured a lung when I fell and that he should be worried about me--but he wasn't buying it. I felt like a fat girl falling in gym class when I fell backwards---but I swear I can sit on the ball and won't drop Leo. Eventually Jeff was convinced and apologized for assuming that I was trying to kill his son. It didn't help that I was holding a half full wine bottle in one of my hands when I fell. I'm kidding.

Happy New Year to everybody.
2010 is looking goooooood....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers