Thursday, December 3, 2009

DAY THREE

oh boy.....
this is what I've heard all day long as Leo SCREAMED for more food 'oh wow, he big boy and is VERRRRRY hungry". and everyone wants us to supplement with formula before my milk comes in. and at this point-after soaking his face with my overwhelmed tears-i'm like--feed him a pizza-whatever will fill his belly.

this was the day that if you birthed vaginally-your milk would be in--and i'm hoping mine will be in really soon--within a few days cuz LEO IS HUNGRY. A nurse was saying 'at least he can suck well--some baby's can't do that". like emma.

I'm sick of the hospital too--we've been here a long time--Jeff sleeping on a cot and he and I just both trying to feed Leo. Jeff and I really are like a lesbian couple. He's all down and dirty in it with me.

We are discharged tomorrow---Diane will be out to help on Saturday and after that I've decided to move into a commune to have more help.

Leo though--is still cute so we've ruled out adoption. not that only un-cute babies are put up for adoption...(awkward..)

We've gotten beautiful flowers from our family--thank you all so much--and today Jeff celebrated his birthday with every nurse misunderstanding when I said "it's Jeff's birthday today" and thinking I meant the baby. So they'd give me a patronizing "oh you're celebrating his three day birthday' look smile and ignore jeff.

We can do this....I think. Everybody has babies---what's the big deal.
I'll post more pix when i get home and have better internet than here....

love to ALL

2 comments:

  1. Have a Pinkberry and make it all better :) Even Leo will get some, eventually, when the milk comes in! xoxoxo Hang in there, good luck and enjoy these days and get some sleep too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My milk didn't come in for at least 5 days despite vaginal birth, was nerve-racking cause i thought he would starve and he didn't latch well at first. By two weeks later he was a champ. Seemed like an eternity. Hang in!

    ReplyDelete

Followers