Friday, December 11, 2009

He's already potty trained


This photo sums us up right now....Jeff is tired and I look like a crazy bag lady. Diane took this during Leo's first walk on the bluff overlooking the ocean. It was lovely. From where we were sitting we could see the ocean and there were a bunch of feathers flying around..they seem to be flying up from the side of the bluff. So we assumed meant that somewhere a cat was eating a bird. Diane's theory was that it was a homeless man's pillow that had a hole in it.

Leo is already potty trained it seems. The minute we take off his diaper he starts peeing into the air and yellow poop pours out of him. It's as if he doesn't want to soil his diaper. We're trying to convince him that's okay--that's what diapers are for. Right now--the most stressful thing--besides his birth forcing me to face my own mortality--are the diaper changes because he really does end up soiling everything. I'll have to get new curtains soon---and the amount of outfits we go thru--I should just keep him wrapped in a towel all day and avoid the painful process of trying to get his arms in tiny newborn sleeves.

Last night I slept 7 hours. That's all I'm gonna say. He tends to sleep for 3-4 hours intervals at night--it's kind of amazing. please light a candle that it would stay that way. It won't--but light a candle anyway. For holiday ambiance.

Zach arrives on Sunday and we are excited. I'm so curious what his reaction will be. So we'll be giving Leo's room to Zach and moving the changing stuff into our room for the next month during his vacation. Fascinating detail.

The freakiest thing Leo does is this eyes open REM sleep thing. At least I think that's what it is--his eyes roll around---his facial expression changes and twitches--it's hilarious and odd--and he usually wakes up out of it..which is good. By the time he's rolled his eyes back in his head and has a big grin on his face---the whole satanic baby thing has lost it's charm.

I have him on my lap as I'm typing this and he's starring at the screen...is that going to make him a serial killer? But a cool one--like Dexter? (not Lisa's old cat--the Showtime show character)

I'm pretty much on my own now--with Jeff's help when he's here--not sure if Sister Sarah will be able to come and help for a few days...but I think I can handle it. I can handle it--it's mostly the lonely thing that gets me...so I got to get out. Today we're going to Target. Should be crazy....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers