Monday, October 22, 2012

WIGS ON A SKINNY BITCH

Gotta get big time.  I may have to change the name of my blog because a big part of my book deal is that I start to get a wider audience in the 'SOCIAL MEDIA' world.  I told them I have 16 followers on my blog and so it would be no problem to get a few thousand more.  My book is basically about being tortured by the idea of family (or any large group gatherings actually...like music festivals or book clubs) and how now I'm a part of like five families.   And I'm not opposed to a book club.     So I'll assume that the blog or podcast they would like me to do would be something family based.  I think.  But that sounds boring.  No offense to anyone out there who is a part of a family.  Or who knows people who are a part of one.

I think instead of focusing on families I'll focus on people who have been a part of cults.  That will be my way in.  Finding people that have escaped from cults or are still in one and then I'll find the connection between them and the family unit.  Or maybe I don't even have to directly lay out the connection and I can simply tell a story about a cult member and then something about my daily life.

Maybe it's the green smoothie I had for lunch  that cost 7 bucks going to my brain..but I like this idea.  I'm running with it.  And not just because I also smell a Showtime Show in here. 

THIS MONDAY IS TURNING AROUND!!

Speaking of cults, on Sunday Jeff and Leo and I went to the Self-Realization temple in Malibu. They have these very fancy grounds that are like the Disney World of meditative gardens.  The ducks looked real but distant.    At first there was a lot of tension when we arrived because the grounds weren't open to the public until noon.    We got mad and stomped away and then came back once it opened.   The grounds are very calm and there is no cellphone use.  But I did use mine twice. Once to tell Jeff where were and once to see a photo of my sister Leslie in the ER with 2 broken ankles.   (Leslie:  "I was in the backyard doing some yard work and I heard 'SNAP! SNAP!" and then I fell on my face and started moaning until the neighbors saw me."   I took some liberties with the details there but you get the idea.    And now poor Leslie is stuck at home trying to figure out the best way to heave herself onto a toilet seat.) 

At the Self Realization temple I asked Jeff to put his arm around me...I think. I forget exactly what I did but it was some PRETEND YOU LOVE ME kind of comment and Jeff said "imagine you have an abundance of Love in your life and you will attract more into it".    I yelled at him that I could tell he was just trying to get out of holding my hand with "imagine lots of people are holding your hand".

But I have to admit I woke up today trying to think thoughts of abundance but by the time the mail came and yet again none of my money as arrived I could see it's not working so I went back to complaining about people's happy lives on facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers