Monday, June 4, 2012

Leo wakes up in five minutes

from his nap. meaning I go in and wake him up. He naps from 2-4. In case anyone was tossing and turning in their sleep wondering. My stomach is an anxious mess. A few moments ago I almost had a bowl of ice cream with kalhua poured over it. I don't think I spelled that right. Kaluhua. Mahalo. Shalom. Jeff is leaving in a day and it's the dread of him leaving that is the killer. He's taking the camera with him leaving me camera-less. I need a camera. I can't document our daily lives for Jeff and Leslie and my mom unless I have a camera. I'm going to go across the street and steal one from a mothers purse on the playground. And grab some xanax while I'm at it. I wanted to share one thing about Leo before I go wake up him up...Leo sings very loudly at his play group. In circle time the teachers lead the kids in songs and all the teachers or the parents sing but the kids just sit there and watch the parents sing. Leo is the only one in his group that sings to all the songs. Loudly. That's the thing that makes me want to pass out from the cuteness. He is a musical theater belt-er. Really at the top of his lungs and with an incredible amount of gusto and heart. And he's had no formal vocal training. I taught him a line from a gospel song I heard at this Southern Baptist Church that I went to in Portland "SOMEBODY PRAYED FOR ME!" and they basically screamed the line--soul screamed it--in the church so I knew it would be good song for Leo. And it has been. He walks down the street singing/yelling 'SOMEBODY PRAYED FOR ME!!" and clapping his hands. It works better on African American Southern Baptists. Leo just looks like he's trying to get money out of people...or he has a medical problem. I just wanted Jeff to have that image of Leo as he flies off to Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive