Friday, June 10, 2011

When it rains we go play on the sirloin



There's this amazing game in the mall downtown where you jump on a video on the floor and you can play a variety of revolving games--with your feet. One of the more disgusting videos is of a sizzling steak and when you jump on it the flames SHOOT up. Leo goes very still when the steak appears. So do I.



we are in the final weeks here in Portland--and though I will miss the overall vibe...the chillness...this incredible apartment...and the elevator I will not be unhappy to have a break from performing. Last night was THE WORST. I have a letter from a teacher who brought his college students to the show apologizing for a few of his students behavior. I had these 2 teenage girls in the front row laughing and talking and texting thru-out the show. It was sort of amazing. At one point I actually stopped and looked right at them and said "be quiet. Please. Just...be quiet". and as I was saying this to them they both started talking to each other about how I was talking to them and then started laughing. When the house manager kicked them out it took like 3 tries because she would come up to them and say "you need to follow me" and then turn and around and leave and then realize that they had completely ignored her. It was kind of like the drunken girls in Pittsburgh who had lit up whips during my show. And I continue to have offended older people stomping out and last night 2 people left and one of them fell while they were leaving and knocked over a bunch of chairs and table. I've gotten so spiteful that the noise of them toppling into things made me giddy. I'm telling you..I'm losing it.

When I called my director to tell her that I hate people and I done with theater she said that I seemed a little tired.

I spoke with Jeff...he said they are crossing the Gulf and it's been nothing but rocking and rolling on the water and that he got sea sick the first day and then he's been fine. He's given up coffee because of the sea sickness looming. So he's on a detox. I am not. I am on the opposite of a detox. I have been eating a ton...not working out and getting fat and angry. So that's good.

I love when Jeff is on the boat with all the other guys because he is very "it's no big deal" macho because they are always listening to his phone calls. I LIKE IT.

Leo is wonderful. This is by far my favorite age so far. My very favorite thing in the world is watching him run down the hallway of the apartment. He runs incredibly fast. He can also throw a football like a quarterback and lots of men (who are always surrounding me when i'm in the park with him. JEFF I'M KIDDING) always say "you got a quarterback on your hands here!" and I tell them 'god forbid" and quickly turn on techno music so he can dance around and forget about his FOOTBALL. which he is now carrying around everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive