For about 20 hours a week I'm borrowing a nanny from a friend who is on vacation. She's Italian. She's very tough and very pretty and very Italian and she can cook like a mofo. She cooks for 'her families' sometimes but it costs more so I didn't ask her to cook. But the second night she was working for us she made me pasta and brussell Sprouts without me even asking. And she got on me about giving Leo the bottle too often during the day. Which was a major issue for me that I just wasn't dealing with. First she cooked this amazing meal for Leo one day--pasta and fried chicken and he didn't eat it so she was like "okay..Lauren...he is not hungry because of the bottle. No bottles during the day except before nap. REALLY. I think you must." So I did that and he ate chicken for the first time in his life. A huge plate full. Which was pretty amazing. I was like 'did you disguise it to look like french fries?" she's a really good cook-she could do it.
Taking away his bottle during the day is for sure what needed to happen but it's funny how much I relied on it to calm him down. Whenever he was about to have a fit or get upset I shoved it in his mouth. In stores and such. Now--I've had to deal with him having the tantrums. And oh boy he's been having them. I don't even know if it's the lack of bottle or just the age.
He's still getting them before his nap and before bed. I'll do that until he's 19. Like we did for Zach.
Speaking of Zach--we haven't really heard from him so I'm assuming he's doing okay. I do know that he and his girlfriend found an apartment for next year so I guess he's staying in Boston for another year. Which is good I think. GET OUT IN THE WORLD.
So I came home that night and was so overwhelmed by the nanny cooking for me that I took a picture of it to show Jeff. And she organized the fridge. Now you can all see what we eat. Don't judge.
No comments:
Post a Comment