Thursday, July 28, 2011

WHY DID I POST THIS ON FACEBOOK?

I'm not putting anything up again--I got a "maybe you'd understand homelessness if you volunteered and understood that it's due to mental illness or"...everything of course I know. It's hard to be a comedienne. And to be PC. And I don't want to worry about it on my friend and family blog. That was so dumb of me to put it up on facebook-I was only thinking how I have all these friends who want to see Leo pictures and I don't feel safe on facebook putting anything up or making any NON SINCERE comment so I thought I'd save the blog for that.

Ech. Her comment reminded me of people in Portland after seeing BUST--how some of them were offended by any humor being combined with the jail systems--as I had NO IDEA what I was talking about and must handle it with the up most of sincerity. This is my one of my life's journey....responding and defending myself when I say something that isn't mired in "but of course I understand that in today's world racism is a problem" blah blah--as if I don't BELIEVE THAT. ech. ech. My blog has been infiltrated by the "that's not funny--you shouldn't joke about that" brigade. and it's all my fault. I deal with this stuff with my book and my shows...I wonder if the person who was offended by my post thinks it's wrong to call your kid an asshole. Maybe she thinks I really mean it. What if she calls child protective services on me? Wait a minute--maybe this whole time the woman who was offended SAID her name was April but her name was actually MOM. MOM IS THAT YOU??

I love how every time I admit to something I'm hating about in myself-something honest that I'm not proud of--some one acts like they are calling on me on something. When I'M THE ONE CALLING ME ON SOMETHING.

sorry--back to the baby..and the family....DAMN I'm mad at myself for the face book thing.

Leo and I had a nice day. He has a new babysitter--Davey Blue. That's her first name and Leo is already in love. As am I. That's all.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting your blog. I love reading what you write and I know from where you come from. Does that make any sense? People are stupid most of the time. They hide behind the interwebs and act all PC.
    J

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive